Business Ethics Research Center was established in 1997 as the first specialized organization of Business Ethics & Compliance in Japan. In October 2009, BERC changed organizational style and made a fresh re-start as “BERC incorporation”.
The mission of the Center is to extend research and practice of Business Ethics & Compliance, providing useful information for its members, furnished with knowledge and capability so as to promote ethical corporate culture on each member’s working place. In this meaning, BERC aims to attain fairness, openness and justice in the actual business field.
BERC’s members are consisted of about 100 business organizations in various field like manufacturing , finance and insurance , electricity, gas and transportation , medical care, food business and so on. They learn together at BERC and implement ethics in each member’s working place.
BERC has a loose flexible connection with Japan Society for Business Ethics (JABES) and Association of Certified Business Ethics Expert (ACBEE).
Our activities are mainly concentrated in the following areas.
1. Research and implementation of business ethics.
2. Seminars and lectures for members ( and sometimes for people outside members)
3. Publishing business articles( magazine, newspaper and books relating to our research performance of Ethics & Compliance.)
4. Consulting ethics and compliance ( BERC holds many staffs who support, advise, teach and resolve various problems of members.)
＜ Activities ＞
1. Research & practice programs
We have 6 fundamental courses, 3 practical study-courses and 3 optional study-courses. Every study-course is held once in a month.
The participants of the study-courses has an opportunity of discussing problems and of exchanging experiences and opinions with other companies’ participants.
6 fundamental courses are
(1) Corporate auditing practices
(2) CSR research
(3) Case Method Workshop(BASIC)
(4) Case Method Workshop(ADVANCED)
(5) Integrated management of the business ethics
(6) BERC in Kansai district
2. Publishing business articles
We publish a magazine and a newspaper. The magazine “KEIEI-RINRI “
(Business Ethics) is published four times a year and the newspaper ”BERC News” is published six times a year as bimonthly publications. These are delivered to member companies free of charge.
3. Symposiums, lectures, conferences
To find a way to solve various social issues, BERC hold symposiums, lectures, round-table conference, to have information in common.
4. Consulting ethics and compliance
BERC holds many advisers and staffs who advise, teach and solve various problems of members and non-members. They are ready to visit and deliver lectures whenever and wherever requested.
Business Ethics Research Center
3rd Floor Sakurai Bldg.
4-5-4 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku Tokyo Japan